Tuesday, February 17, 2009

P.S. I Love you


About a year ago, one of my good friends, June called me and asked to check my letter box. She sent me a novel as she knew I love reading. The Novel “PS, I Love You” .. by Cecelia Ahern’s debut novel. (Later I found out the author, Cecelia Ahern is a daughter of Ireland's Prime Minister). This tearjerker novel made me takes time to finish as it keep me fought my tear as I read it chapter by chapter.
The story is about a young Irish widow, Holly Kennedy in Ireland, who must put her life back together after she loses her husband Gerry to a brain tumour. So when Gerry's life is taken by an illness, it takes the life out of Holly. Before he died, Gerry wrote a series of 10 letters that designed to help her face the year ahead and carry on with her life. Each monthly letter is Gerry’s way of informing Holly life goes on. The monthly messages include various tasks and treats Gerry has left for Holly , to help Holly facing the life, such as buying new clothes, finds a new job, takes a holiday with her girlfriends and so on and each signs off in the same way: "P.S. I Love You.". Accompanying Holly throughout the healing process is family members and friends with her and gives her all sort of support.
Thanks June. I love the novel… its really touching till the internal ventricle of my heart…My tears keep flowing as I read the story.
Recently I discovered this novel has been adapted to a movie “ P.S. I Love You” in 2007 with Hillary Swank lead the character, Holly and Gerald Butler as her deceased husband.

3 comments:

  1. Bring out the sunshine in you. You still have friends around to cheer you up.

    See you next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is indeed a very touching story. Love what keeps you alive...a very precious gift from Allah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. DrSam,

    Thank you. You are one of my those friend.
    See you next week.


    Puspawangi,
    Thank you. Love is a gift.

    ReplyDelete